Following are some experience that I wanna share on how to have free hosting of Redmine for project management and Integrity for CI on Heroku.
Warn: don’t do it unless u are bored like me.
Problems of running Redmine on Heroku:
- Integrate Redmine with S3 for files
Solution: Redmine_S3 plugin
- At the root of the Redmine repository, cd repositories/xxxx.git
- git fetch
- git reset –soft FETCH_HEAD
- cd ../..
- git add -A
- git ci -m ‘update repository’
- git push heroku master
- heroku run:console Repository.fetch_changesets
Problems of running Integrity on Heroku:
Because Heroku’s Bundler is installed in the system path. But after bundle install, the GEM_HOME is set to /.bundle which doesn’t contain Bundler. And need the hack of putting the bundler into .bundle/ manually.
As Rake tasks are running at the tmp folder(e.g. tmp/1) And looking for Gems at the GEM_HOME /.bundle. Therefore, I have to install Test environment gems on Integrity.